Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Dylan slept here" Chelsea in the 1950's

This paper and ribbon is offered as a freebie along with some other jeweled toned papers. Arty Chelsea in in the 50's was my inspiration.

Dylan Thomas slept here

London's Chelsea was once the place of writers and artists and a bit of Bohemia. My sister, Marie and her husband fit well as they made their home here before they moved to Rio de Janeiro in the fifties. Marie told me a story of the time she woke up one morning after Bill, her husband, had left for work and discovered one of his drinking buddies asleep on the couch. When he got up he wanted to make conversation, but being pretty upset with Bill, she made him leave. A few days later he arrived at her doorstep with a bunch of flowers that looked like they'd been picked from someone's garden, and they were tied with a shoelace. She said if she's known he was the famed poet, she'd have kept the lace, I told her I would have kept the couch and labeled it "Dylan slept here"


Sorry, the Digital Paper Freebies are no longer available. 
~~ chris

3 comments:

Tam said...

Pretty!
That is cool!

Julie said...

I do love the way you tell stories. Keep up the good work!

marcoevans said...

Dear Christine,
It is Marc your Nephew,(Marie's Son)..Amazing have not spoken for ages..Thanks for The Image of my Mum and Dad..my Facebook address is marcoevans@facebook.com and email is marcoevans@btinternet.com.
I am currently at our (Ursula my wife) House in Fez Morocco.